Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Everlasting by Alyson Noel

Release Date: 1st July, 2011

Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books

Pages: 368pgs

The Story

Everlasting is the sixth and final installment of the epic love story that has enchanted readers across the world. Ever and Damen have spent centuries facing down bitter rivals, jealous friends and their own worst fear-all in hope of being together forever. Now in Everlasting, their destiny is finally within reach.

Will they be united - or torn apart forever? Readers will finally discover the truth in this anxiously awaited conclusion.

The Review

A big thanks to Lauren from Macmillan for sending me a review copy of this book!

It's the end . . . hallelujah it's the end! I've never been so happy in my life and I'm so very, very glad this book series has ended. Now where is the confetti when I need it? Okay, so, if you haven't read the first 5 books in the Immortals series, then please go back and read them or else you won't - at all - truly understand this book. Sometimes it will get a tad bit confusing. Even if you have read all of the series, then this one I'm afraid is going to be a little I-know-this-already kind of plot. But not to worry readers, you'll be glad to have the series conclusion sealed and delivered. What we know from the previous books (slight spoiler here) is that all the baddies are gone and now it's up to Ever and Damen to decide how to stop Shadowland from eating up the glorious heaven of Summerland. Oh and the fact that Ever is allergic to Damen, a real kicker for their sexual hormones, well that too needs to be solved as well. The antidote thing that is.

It comes no surprise that Ever and Damen's relationship and love for one another was doomed from the beginning. The book quickly goes into their first life together, one before the elixir juice happened, and while it was interesting how it all turned out . . . it lacked the drama I craved for. Like the other books in the series. So, some of you maybe thinking, "What's the difference in this life then the rest?" Well, that my dears . . . in the first lives of Ever and Damen they were NOT immortal. *insert gasp here* From then on you'll connect the dots which will lead you to the conclusion of the series.

One thing let me down: Damen. I always admired him. Maybe not for his choice of girls, but for his way of hoping for the future. This time round he was a complete pansy. The kind to run off when things get too tough for him to deal with. *sigh* Not good my man. As for Ever, while she was . . . let's say a pretty little daisy in a field of anything-is-possible . . . I admit, I was suprised that she took the lead in this novel and made decisions that were good for once in her life. Or should I say "lives." Anyway, when the drama is all over and the pages come to an end, I'm left with a smiley face and completely overjoyed that this is the TRUE END. *finds confetti and sprinkles it on everyone* The end. The end. The end. *sighs and smiles*

The Rating

3/5 stars

2 comments:

  1. Are you happy because 'gee, this books drag on, it's finally OVER' or happy because you've been eager to see how their story concludes? LOL.

    Since I have three books from this series, I feel I really need to start them soon. I'm hoping they hook me in. Ever is allergic to Damon? That doesn't sound good for a romantic relationship! Great review Erin, interested to see what I think :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...