Monday, September 9, 2013

Clockwork Prince (Manga #2) by Cassandra Clare & HyeKyung Baek

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Yen Press

Pages: 256pgs

The Story

A prequel to Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series, The Infernal Devices is the story of Tessa Gray, a sixteen-year-old American girl traveling alone to Victorian London who runs afoul of the city’s sordid supernatural underworld. Rescued by the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, Tessa quickly finds herself caught up in an intrigue that may very well destroy her new friends – including the two enigmatic young men, Jem and Will, who have taken her under their wing . . .

The Review

What can I say? I love manga and I love this particular manga series, and together they are two of my favourite things in the world. Honestly . . . there's nothing like a good old manga read on a quiet afternoon but when it's based on a book series . . . that's even better!

But in all seriousness, I think everything the illustrator has incorporated into this one manga volume and not to mention still manages to stay pretty close to the original story from which it is based on, that being Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series, I think all I have to say is this person is very talented (very, very talented indeed) and I enjoyed every single moment reading this book. It's almost like reading Clockwork Prince all over again and any fan of this series - anyone who is so in love with this series like I am - will no doubt enjoy and LOVE this tale as well.

Overall, CLOCKWORK PRINCE makes a perfect manga tale and I love all of the illustrations inside this second volume. It's just perfect and I admit I cried a little seeing my Jem and Will, and all of the tense moments they experience in this book. Ah, those two sure bring out the fangal tears out of me. Just perfect.

The Rating
5/5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I love manga and the ID series too and yet I haven't read the manga versions yet! Really need to start them, the artwork looks awesome, and it'll be nice to revisit the story :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...