Saturday, December 31, 2011
4. Puck from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater ~ This girl, Puck, is the bravest chick I know in young adult books. With some people bringing her down and thinking she's a girl with too much to lose, Puck only proves to them and to herself that she can do anything she puts her mind to and she definitely earns this #4 spot!
5. Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor ~ Karou has so many likable qualities about her and some of them I can relate to. She's a tough girl dealing with many complications in her life and she's very artistic which gives her another added bonus!
6. Bridget from Possess by Gretchen McNeil ~ I freaking love Bridget! She has a smart-mouth, is incredibly strong for a teenager and she definitely knows how to kick demons down to the curb without them getting to her first. I admire her deeply.
7. Juliette from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi ~ The Juliette you meet at the beginning of the novel may be vulnerable and naive about the world around her, but the Juliette you meet after she learns things about the outside world as well as the evil things in it, she then turns out to be so strong and tough-skinned, and now the world is in fear of her. Love her to bits!
8. Rhine from Wither by Lauren DeStefano ~ Rhine faces so many blocks on the road and sometimes you wouldn't be surprised if she just . . . gave up. But this heroine doesn't - not at all. She knows her situation is dire and that she may not escape it, but nothing stops her to think outside the box because she has hope on her side of things.
9. Tessa from Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices series) by Cassandra Clare ~ Tessa is such a great heroine for a young adult novel. She can be a little too proper for her own young lady-like ways and can be a little naive about things (especially to romantic feelings), but with her love of books to her love of both Will and Jem, it's no wonder why she ended up on my list of favourite heroines. In Clockwork Prince, Tessa's character has much more depth to her character than I realized and we love this new brave side of her.
10. Tris (Beatrice) from Divergent by Veronica Roth ~ Tris started off as a weak character because all of her life, she had lived in a sheltered community and had never done anything daring until she chooses and enters the Dauntless faction. And I like this newly transformed brave Tris.
So who is your favourite book character of 2011?
Friday, December 30, 2011
3. Adam from Shatter Me
Adam is just about everything you want in a love interest. I want my own Adam! He's sweet, fiercely protective, knows how to treat a girl special, and he says everything you wished a boy like him would whisper in your ear! He's got my heart!