Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lost in Time by Melissa de la Cruz

Release Date: 6th October, 2011

Publisher: ATOM

Pages: 336pgs

The Story

After their beautiful yet brief bonding ceremony in Italy, Schuyler Van Alen and Jack Force are forced to separate. To fulfill the Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler travels to Alexandria to search for Catherine of Siena and the Gate of Promise. But Schuyler quickly discovers that everything she believed about the Gate is wrong. Meanwhile, Jack makes the difficult decision to return to New York to face his twin and former bondmate, Mimi. But instead of a bitter reunion, he is faced with a choice for which there is no good option.

Mimi, with a most unexpected travel companion in Oliver Hazard-Perry, jets off to Egypt, too, to search for Kingsley Martin, her long lost love. With all roads leading to Hell, Mimi learns that not all love stories have happy endings. But she'll have to put her own feelings aside if she's going to save her crumbling Coven.

Packed with heartache, twists, and vampiric folklore, Lost in Time is sure to satisfy hungry fans' cravings for more Blue Bloods adventure.

The Review

Being a long-time fan of Melissa de la Cruz's Blue Bloods series, I knew for a fact that I was going to enjoy every book she writes up but I can see where the fans concerns come from. This is the sixth book in the YA series and much like the House of Night, the series seems to not end. But unlike the House of Night series I'm forever faithful to these books because the stories are not ridiculous and it's everything you want in a book - full of romance, suspense, heart-pounding action, and full-on high emotions. And Cruz does in yet again.

In the first chapter, LOST IN TIME dives straight into the newlywed romance between the two main characters Schuyler Van Alen and Jack Force. Whom I love to death. So for those who haven't read the series, that was just a small spoiler there. So yeah, they end up getting together and are now married in a vampire bonded way. So fans will be pleased by scenes of theirs and trust me . . . it won't disappoint. But the new wedding bliss ends nearly too soon when things get super crazy but in a crazy-good way and not to mention really complicated, but like I say to all my blog readers, I won't spoil anymore than that.

Now after the first chapter, the story is spilt between three narrators which are Schuyler Van Alen, Mimi Force and Allegra Van Alen, with each character earning their equal time of the spotlight to tell their stories. The first of the three different tales is of Jack and Schuyler's journey to Egypt, attempting to discover a solution to the blood trial and Schuyler's 'destiny'. With Jack, he's doing his own thing while Schuyler is trying to find the gates of Hell - yes this is true - and its gatekeeper, Catherine of Siena. Meanwhile there's Jack's sister, Mimi Force, whom returns to New York and she sets off towards danger which leaves her Coven entirely unprotected. And there's of course the story of Allegra Van Alen - a story that I won't spoil any further for you. Some readers might not like this book because of the different narrators as it confuses the reader. But not in this case, which is why I'm still a fan of the Blue Bloods series.

With Melissa de la Cruz's writing being both beautiful and almost poetic, the story of LOST IN TIME moves in unexpected directions and readers will be soon be swept back up into the lives of all the characters that we love and miss. And adore. Like all the books in the series, readers will have no trouble in reading this book very quickly and if you haven't already caught up into the cult coven of this series . . . I really, really recommend you start joining now. With the way things ended, I have no doubt in my mind that the next book and the final epic conclusion of the series, will lead to the ultimate showdown between the Blue Bloods and the Silver Bloods, and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book because I'm left wanting and lusting for more!

The Rating

4 1/2 / 5 stars

7 comments:

  1. Six books in and I still haven't read these? FAIL. I especially like that you say how, despite their number, they're not like the HoN books. I only ever read one HoN (and heard plenty about the rest) but.. no. Can't say I'm a fan.

    You have gotten me intrigued by these, though! Vampire bonded marriages, journeys to Egypt, potential future showdowns between Covens? Alright, alright, stop making me want to read this so badly! Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they're definitely NOT like the HON series. Thank God. But be sure to read these books! Well worth the read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review!
    Ugh! I need to catch up with this series. At first I wasn't a fan, but by book 4 (the last I read) I was gone.... *sigh* Kingsly!!! Need to catch up....soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rachel. These books aren't for everyone, but they're definitely better than the likes of HON.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind the HON. Zoey makes me wish I bash her head against the wall, but I'm still reading the books....How sad for me. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not the only one. I wanted to kill Zoey so many times . . . she's the reason why I gave up on the series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm close to giving up at times, but Aphrodite and a couple of other characters keep me hanging in. Just barely! It's become so much better since the authors started showing many different POV's.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...