Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead

Release Date: 15th September, 2011

Publisher: Bantam

Pages: 320pgs

The Story

Georgina Kincaid has had an eternity to figure out the opposite sex, but sometimes they still surprise her. Take Seth Mortensen. The man has risked his soul to become Georgina's boyfriend. Still, with Lucifer for a boss, Georgina can't just hang up her killer heels and settle down to domestic bliss. In fact, she's being forced to transfer operations . . . to Las Vegas.

The City of Sin is a dream gig for a succubus, but Georgina's allies are suspicious. Why are the powers-that-be-so-eager to get her away from Seattle - and from Seth? Georgina is one of Hell's most valuable assets, but if there's any way out of the succubus business she plans to take it - no matter how much roadkill she leaves behind. She just hopes the casualties won't include the one man she's risking everything for . . .

The Review

It's been a wild ride for Georgina Kincaid. She's been through to Hell and back, more times than you can count. But that's Richelle Mead for you - an author who can write devilish twists, with awkward-but-sexy situations and very complicated-driven characters, but ones written with a heart of gold. SUCCUBUS REVEALED is the last book in the Georgina Kincaid series and I'm not so ready to say goodbye to Georgina yet - nor the supporting cast of Seth, Roman, Carter, Jerome, and hey, even Doug. When it comes to Mead's characters you immediately form an attachment to them (the good and the bad), but sadly we have to say farewell to this book series and to these beloved characters of mine.

Let's go straight to the well-known fact: Georgina is a horrible succubus. I mean obviously she's a good succubus when she needs to be but for a demon . . . well, she's not exactly what they should be acting like. For readers of this adult series, we already know she cares far too much about the human world and she has always dreamt of becoming a mortal and having children of her own and living happily ever after with her boyfriend Seth - which seems impossible right? I mean she's immortal and literally belongs to Hell. So, considering her hopes and dreams and the way I imagined how this book series would end, I would have to say after reading the final page, I was a little disappointed by the way things ended.

I admit, there were a lot of emotional curveballs in SUCCUBUS REVEALED - some events that made me fall in love with the book - and not to mention that awful situation with Roman. Don't hate me here but I believe Georgina and Seth will always have their shared history together, but I kind of saw Roman as her future. He's just been the guy who cares for her so deeply - feelings that Georgina had used and abused quite a lot in the books - and he has always had her back when she needed him. And clearly, I just fell in love with him and due to my massive fangal-ness of Roman I need to say this - WHY RICHELLE MEAD? WHY DO THAT CERTAIN SOMETHING TO MY ROMAN? I think the only thing I didn't love about this book was the fact that there was no real explanation about what happened to Roman and I wished it was cleared up a little better. Maybe someone can tell me out straight, even though I do have a fair idea of what 'could have' happened. I think. I hope I'm wrong. Anyway it was quite a traumatic time for me when I finished this book. But moving on . . .

Despite the sad moments, I was shockingly surprised by how things progressed with Seth's character and there was one relevation revealed in the book and whoa I didn't expect THAT to happen when it came to Seth and Georgina. It pretty much changed everything. So to all the readers: read this book with caution because a lot of unexpected things happen. But overall, Richelle Mead does it yet again! Being one of my favourite authors, Mead will always surprise you in her books and if you haven't already checked out this series yet, then be sure to do so as it's a total MUST for Mead fans and trust me . . . you won't be disappointed. Though Roman . . . sigh. Roman.

The Rating

4 1/2 / 5 stars

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading the second one in this series at the moment and am finding it difficult to get through because I can't believe Georgina would choose boring as heck Seth over Roman! Now I don't want to know what happens to him :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. "An author who can write devilish twists, with awkward-but-sexy situations and very complicated-driven characters, but ones written with a heart of gold."

    Damn straight! You gotta love that woman :D But oh no... *comforts Erin's inner fangirl* Poor Roman! I haven't even started this series yet and I'm insanely intrigued to find out what happened to him, because I know with Richelle... it'll be shocking or nail-biting or EEEK.

    Awesome review, so glad you enjoyed the final installment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lan: I know! I mean I love Seth and Georgina together, but I would choose Roman for sure. Hopefully you get through the second book - it gets better.

    Brodie: Thank you. This is a sad time for me. Poor Roman . . . sighs. You need to read this series Brodie so we can discuss. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...