Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top 10 Books I've Read In 2011


Top 10 Books I've Read in 2011

Gee whiz. I found it very hard when I created this list because there were so many great reads that I've read this year but, in any case, I managed to narrow it down to 10 picks. So here I present to you my top 10 books for 2011 - in this order.

1. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare


After reading this book . . . I'm still in tears over it. Over Will. Over Jem. Over EVERYTHING! There's so much emotion and depth in this novel, and I'm pleased to say it's my #1 favourite book of 2011 and it lived up to my high expectations! Plus it was the best novel Cassandra Clare has written - by far - and it contains a fantastic set of characters and the best love triangle EVER! This is my obsession and if you read my review . . . let me say one thing and one thing only - DEAL WITH IT! hehe. Team Jem forever. I love Will but Team Jem.

2. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


I was practically married to Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series and was rather 'involved' with the characters like no other series. But since my favourite series ended with Last Sacrifice, I had to move on, let go and love another. Clearly Bloodlines is my new lover. What shocked me the most was that I loved this book more than the very first VA book . . . who would've thought, right? Not to mention I loved Sydney's character more than Rose considering I could connect with her on a personal level. Then there's Adrian . . . nuff said. This book rocked!

3. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini


Twilight is so over. Let's put Starcrossed on the pedestal everybody. Seriously THIS book is what Twilight should've been. Remove the sparkling vampires and insert some Godly-like mythology and you're going to have a blast. Josephine Angelini I bow down to you and to this book because I lovvveeeeeeedddd it. How does she write an epic adventure like this one - and write it so greatly too?

4. If I Die by Rachel Vincent


Rachel Vincent is like . . . my favourite author! I love her books - especially her adult books - but I love her young adult Soul Screamers series and if you haven't already read the books . . . THEN READ THEM IMMEDIATELY! While the other books in this series are awesome, but this one would have to be my favourite so far! Kaylee . . . Nash . . . Todd . . . I love you!

5. The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge


I've been a long-time fan of Kittredge's adult books and yet again, she'd made me fall in love with her very first young adult novel. This author can WRITE! The Iron Thorn is a steampunk-like world (think Alice in Wonderland but with faeries and engines) but full of awesomeness - with fun and lovable characters to the damn right interesting and fantastical world that will take your breath away . . . I truly LOVED this novel! Demand the sequel!

6. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake


Seriously? For real? How can this book NOT be in my Top 10 list for 2011!? With hints of the TV show Supernatural, this book is everything you want in a horror young adult story. You have Cas who is the supernatural hunter that will always win your heart, not to mention the bloody Anna who will grab you by the heart and toss you into all sorts of emotions. These characters are to die for and Kendare Blake is a genius! For reals!

7. A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young


For this year, I'm very happy to say this is a really unique book and it surprised me in many ways I didn't think were possible. I love the cover. I love the author. I love the story. But most of all I love the characters! Charlotte's tale was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time and don't forget her boyfriend, Harlin, who is so ever swoon-worthy. And of course, there's the cliffhanger which was absolutely perfect and I'm seriously dying here to get my hands on a copy of the sequel. Expecting big and great things from this author!

8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


All I can say is . . . this book will BLOW your mind into pieces! IT WAS FANTASTIC and considering I don't read too many adult books . . . this one totally cut it for me. With a magical circus where nothing is what it seems, I'm sure a lot of readers had this down as one of their favourite 2011 books. Look out for big things from this author! And no, my praises aren't because of us sharing our first name.

9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer


What can I honestly say about Cinder without fan-galing? This book is by far my favourite fairytale retelling! The characters were so human and every bit of the book was fantastic, not to mention there's a hot prince! ;)


10. Red Glove by Holly Black


I don't know about you guys but I just love Holly Black's Curse Workers series! There's just something about crime and mobsters that gets to me and of course there's that hot guy Cassel, who is one of the best boy characters I've ever read. He's so . . . dreamy. He's not a good guy but he has heart and I love him deeply for it!

So what are your favourite reads of 2011?

7 comments:

  1. Cinder was an awesome read wasn't it?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloodlines!! I SO agree. I liked it more than the first VA book too... so imagine how it will turn out as an overall series *excited* Adrian KILLS IT in this book <3

    And I'm so with you on Anna Dressed In Blood and Cinder. They were fan-freaking-tastic and I'm kinda dying for the sequels already. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Clockwork Prince and If I Die out of all of those, but I agree, they were awesome! While CP didn't make my list (not as much twisty plot action as her other books), I loved the romance in it, Jem was AMAZING, but I feel like it's all going to go to hell for him in the next book. And IID, Kaylee finally made the choice I'd been begging for over the past 3 books! I need to read Blood Bound sometime soon, I loved Rachel's Shifters series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renu: Cinder was awesome!

    Brodie: Adrian was the best in Bloodlines, along with Sydney. ADIB and Cinder just had to be on this list. Need to the sequels desperately!

    Brett: I think CP was more about Jem and I'm glad to see many fans loving him too. I think it's going to be hell too for him in CP what with the whole dying and Tessa/Will situation. I used to love Nash but I'm all for Kaylee and her choice. Totally approve of it. I love Rachel's Shifter series too! Blood Bound was a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Clockwork Prince tops your list! I loved Anna and If I Die, too. :) I really need to get off my butt and do my own list, hah.

    P.S. I don't know what's going to happen in Clockwork Princess, but it's going to be sad for someone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. CLOCKWORK PRINCE!!! That book was completely heart-breaking for me but definitely AWESOME!! LOVE EVERYTHING IN THE LIST although I haven't read some of them. Hope you've had a wonderful year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy: I know what you mean! I have a bad feeling for Clockwork Princess . . . there's so many directions the author could go in.

    Celine: It was a very heart-breaking read. Hope you had a great year too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...