Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top 10 Book Characters in 2011

Top 10 book characters in 2011 is hosted by Lisa from A Life Bound By Books and Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic and co-hosted by Jamie & Patricia from Two Chicks On Books and Rachel from Fiktshun.

Top 10 Book Characters in 2011

Again, it's seriously hard to choose my top 10 favourite book characters of 2011. So many books. So many different characters. So many favourites. Instead of listing my favourite boy characters, since I already named my favourite fictional boyfriends in my previous post, I'm going to start naming my top 10 fictional girl characters of 2011. Here we go . . .


1. Sydney from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead ~ What's not to love about Sydney Sage? Being only a supporting character in the Vampire Academy series and ending up as the main heroine, Sydney is the perfect gal to lead this new series in the right direction. While I love Rose Hathaway but I love Sydney much more because she reminds me of me and we have some things in common. On the plus side she's incredibly smart, witty, and while she seems to hide her true self from others, but she's the heroine you ought to inspire to. Her and Adrian . . . God I love their comebacks and banter.


2. Cat from One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress series) by Jeaniene Frost ~ I've loved Cat right from the very beginning of this series. She's headstrong, throws words around without a care, kicks major monster butt, and on her arm she has her gorgeous and freaking sexy vampire, Bones, who is just as badass as her. I love you Cat!


3. Kaylee from If I Die (Soul Screamers series) by Rachel Vincent ~ Our Kaylee has grown so much in these last five books and I'm proud of the young woman she's become. While she makes some bad decisions, but Kaylee always pulls through the bad times and manages to remain headstrong in making the right decision in the end. And she's hilarious and she always makes me laugh out loud!


4. Puck from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater ~ This girl, Puck, is the bravest chick I know in young adult books. With some people bringing her down and thinking she's a girl with too much to lose, Puck only proves to them and to herself that she can do anything she puts her mind to and she definitely earns this #4 spot!



5. Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor ~ Karou has so many likable qualities about her and some of them I can relate to. She's a tough girl dealing with many complications in her life and she's very artistic which gives her another added bonus!



6. Bridget from Possess by Gretchen McNeil ~ I freaking love Bridget! She has a smart-mouth, is incredibly strong for a teenager and she definitely knows how to kick demons down to the curb without them getting to her first. I admire her deeply.



7. Juliette from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi ~ The Juliette you meet at the beginning of the novel may be vulnerable and naive about the world around her, but the Juliette you meet after she learns things about the outside world as well as the evil things in it, she then turns out to be so strong and tough-skinned, and now the world is in fear of her. Love her to bits!



8. Rhine from Wither by Lauren DeStefano ~ Rhine faces so many blocks on the road and sometimes you wouldn't be surprised if she just . . . gave up. But this heroine doesn't - not at all. She knows her situation is dire and that she may not escape it, but nothing stops her to think outside the box because she has hope on her side of things.



9. Tessa from Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices series) by Cassandra Clare ~ Tessa is such a great heroine for a young adult novel. She can be a little too proper for her own young lady-like ways and can be a little naive about things (especially to romantic feelings), but with her love of books to her love of both Will and Jem, it's no wonder why she ended up on my list of favourite heroines. In Clockwork Prince, Tessa's character has much more depth to her character than I realized and we love this new brave side of her.



10. Tris (Beatrice) from Divergent by Veronica Roth ~ Tris started off as a weak character because all of her life, she had lived in a sheltered community and had never done anything daring until she chooses and enters the Dauntless faction. And I like this newly transformed brave Tris.


So who is your favourite book character of 2011?

7 comments:

  1. I got Kaylee and Cat on my list too. And Sydney is a good choice too. She is a bit strange but funny and fascinating as well.

    My Top10 heroines of 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had great choices on your list of heroines for 2011. Kaylee and Cat are great characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, so many great characters there! I adore Tessa, she's one of my favourites, and so is Tris! Really like Rhine and Juliette too. Amazing list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your picks! Especially Tessa, Tris, and Kaylee. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Wither, Divergent, Bloodlines, and If I Die. I know I know, I'm HORRIBLE. I need to read these books soon. Great list! Thank you for sharing them!

    Happy New Year!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you know that Erin has incredible taste in charactes? :D

    Sydney!! I think I still love Rose a bit more, because of her crazy badass personality, but I so adore Sydney! I can't wait to see how she grows over the series. Plus... SYDNEY/ADRIAN SEXY SCENES!! Please, oh please, come soon! <3 Sooo agree with Puck, Karou, Juliette, Rhine (love her name) and Tris. They're some of my favourite heroines aswell.

    Awesome list and congrats on recently hitting (and passing!) 300 followers! Weeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz: Thanks. Gotta love those characters!

    Wendy: Happy New Year to you too!

    Samual: It's a MUST to read these books! Great ones! Anyway thanks for commenting and Happy New Year!

    Brodie: Why thank you Brodie! You have great character taste too!

    I still love Rose but for some reason I could connect to Sydney more on a personal level. Rose and I we're alike but Sydney and I would prefer to hit the books and do the badass things later. haha. I really hope there's sexy scenes in book 2 but apparently Sydney starts dating or something - I bet with that guy Trey. Anyway glad to see we agree with our precious heroines!

    Thanks! I'm very happy reaching 300 followers. Never thought I would make it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...