Friday, December 23, 2011

Follow Friday

Today's Follow Friday is hosted by Ce-Ce at Parajunkee's View.

This week's question: If you had to spend eternity inside the pages of a book which book would you choose and why?

My answer: To be honest, no matter how much our lives suck (which they totally don't), we should be grateful for what world we live in NOW because let's face it . . . all of the characters inside the books - the ones we love so. so much - live in a terrible worlds. Especially when it comes to paranormal YA books. Look at Vampire Academy? The main heroine Rose Hathaway has to be on constant alert for danger, not only for herself but also for her best friend who could potentially be killed by naughty blood-thirsty vampires. Then look at The Mortal Instruments series? There's all sorts of terrible there. The list goes on . . .

However, if I were to choose one book to be apart of their world, it would be either Cassandra Clare's The Infernal Devices series (Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince . . .) since I'm a Victorian world fan and I would marry Jem on the spot, or it would be the world of Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series since it's much like our world of today, only with a little tilt in reality with mythical-ness.

So readers, what book would you choose to live in?

Have a great weekend you guys!

17 comments:

  1. I would choose to live in the world of HP. I am a new follower so come follow me at bookreaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I agree that most books would not be fun to be in. But I'm still attracted to things like VA. I think I'd rather be moroi than Dhampir.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to live in any of Cassandra's worlds! Especially if I could be a Shadowhunter :)

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read any of these series, but I'll have to read one of Cassandra Clare's books sooner or later! :) Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer :) I have only read the first Soul Screamers book and really loved it so I will have to look into getting the other books in the series! I'm a new follower :)

    <a href="http://followingthereader.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-10.html”>here is my FF</a> :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE to spend eternity with Will and Jem. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still love the magical worlds a lot more than I thought I would. Good choice.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been trying to get to Soul Screamers. Great picks.
    Old follower.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My FFF...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree with you! TMI world, who wouldn't want to live there? I haven't read Soul Screamers series which is very depressing! Having difficulty finding it in the bookshops!

    Great picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never ending story, and great answer. Well thought out!

    New FF via Networked Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great answer! Rose's world is no picnic... But each obstacle she braved through made her the person she was at the end of the series!. Haven't read any of Cassandra Clare's books yet though I've heard great things about it! Thanks for stopping by... Following you back (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good answer, just hopping by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/book-blogger-hop-ff.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to live in a magical world like HP's world! New follower!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, we are like TWINS!! I feel the exact same way -- as much as I love VA (and dystopians!), I wouldn't want to live in any of those worlds! x) But Cassie Clare's universe of Shadowhunters (and Jem LOL!) will always be my top choice, and YES YES YES to the Soul Screamers series!! I love those books so much!

    Those two were such awesome answers, Erin! I hope you have an amazing weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your lovely comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting choices. As for me I'd live in Hogwarts forever if I'm given the chance. :D New follower, Happy Holiday!

    Sarah @ Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd choose Clockwork Prince, I'm a new follower :)
    Annmarie@World of Books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...