Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Chosen at Nightfall by C.C. Hunter

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: St. Martin's Press

Pages: 400pgs

The Story

Kylie Galen's life hasn't been the same since her world was turned upside-down in Born at Midnight, Shadow Falls #1, and now an epic conclusion to her journey—not to mention a tough choice between two guys!—is brewing in Chosen at Nightfall:

When Kylie Galen left Shadow Falls, she thought it was the hardest decision of her life. Heartbroken and separated from everyone she loves, she has to embrace her abilities and what it means to be a chameleon. But as Kylie's journey comes to a close, she must return to the camp that started it all...and she must finally chose between the two boys who love her. The werewolf who broke her heart when he chose his pack over her, and the half-fae who ran from their intense attraction before they ever really had a chance. For Kylie, everything will finally be revealed and nothing will ever be the same.

The Review

Over the course of the Shadow Falls series I thoroughly enjoyed it (like really, really enjoyed it) unlike some readers who were the total opposite to me. Although, on the other hand, at some point in the series - particularly in books three and four - there were times where I struggled to actually like this book series as it focused far too much on the endless love triangle 'situation' rather than on the progression of the storyline itself. However my dear friends, all is well in this final book because everything is finally resolved and concluded in a way that will make most of its readers very happy.

CHOSEN AT NIGHTFALL contains everything I love in a book - action, danger, romance, 'oh-my-god moments' and plenty of drama to keep you smiling away. But I guess part of the reason why I enjoyed this series so much even for a light, fun read was mostly because of the characters and the humor they always seemed to possess in some funny and very complicated situations. It's like one moment a scene can be so serious and intense, and then the next thing you know you find the scene is completely hilarious (for whatever reason that maybe) and it's just one of those things you can't help about C.C. Hunter's writing. She writes herself some pretty good one-liners in this book and in this series, which I've always appreciated.

But on a more serious side, for the majority of the book I was just glad the series was coming to an end and the fact that the whole love triangle between the three main characters Kylie, Lucas and Derek was finally going to be decided to one single choice for Kylie. Don't get me wrong here . . . I love Lucas and Derek in completely different ways and both can really frustrate the reader (almost like all the time) but like what other readers wanted . . . I wanted Kylie to decide for herself in who she loves more - Lucas or Derek. From the beginning of the series I already gathered who Kylie was going to end up with (it was pretty easy to figure out from book one) but nonetheless it still peeved me off that Kylie has taken SO LONG in deciding between both of her 'boys'. So to put the matter to rest . . . it's over and I'm glad and Kylie made a decision which I'm (mostly) happy about.

Overall, CHOSEN AT NIGHTFALL is a pretty good final book. It wasn't perfect that's for sure and perhaps I wasn't particularly thrilled with how the series ended (it just seemed a little rushed but I'm just being picky here), but with a promise of a spin-off series containing another favourite character of mine . . . well let's just say I'm sure we will get even more sneak-peeks with Kylie's future and those of the other supporting characters who still have some unfinished business to attend to.

The Rating
4 1/2 / 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't started this series! I have the first book but haven't got round to it yet. Glad you enjoyed the final book! Though the fact that it too Kylie so long to chose which boy to be with sort of puts me off a bit. I do like action, danger and "oh my God" moments though! Great review, thanks :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz. Despite the relationship drama I love this series. It's very cute, funny and there is tons of things happening to keep you interested. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...