Sunday, July 7, 2013

False Sight by Dan Krokos

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Hyperion

Pages: 336pgs

The Story

All Miranda wants is a normal life. She's determined to move past the horrible truth of her origin as a clone so she can enjoy time with her boyfriend, Peter, and the rest of her friends at school. But Miranda quickly learns that there's no such thing as normal - not for a girl who was raised to be a weapon. When one of her teammates turns rogue, it begins a war that puts the world in jeopardy. Now Miranda must follow her instincts - not her heart - in order to save everything she's fought so hard to keep. with the image of a terrible future seared into her mind, what will she have to sacrifice to protect the people she loves?

The Review

A big thanks to the publisher on netGalley for accepting my request in reading this book early!

Before reading this book, I have to say I absolutely LOVED Dan Krokos's debut novel, False Memory, despite its hard review critics because his debut was fast-paced, exciting, contained awesome characters not to mention awesome cryptic mysteries along the way, and - to put it plainly - it was just a really fun, intense read that made you want to read more and more of it. But when it comes to the sequel however, FALSE SIGHT, the only thing I was left asking was, 'What the hell just happened?'.

Now I really do hate moments like this when you fall in love with the first book in a series only to find its sequel totally bums you out. It's sucks . . . so unfortunately for me and unfortunately for FALSE SIGHT it happens to fall into that category of 'I-wanted-to-like-it-but-I'm-so-disappointed'. While I did like the creative direction the author was heading towards and how the characters interacted with the storyline, but to be brutally frank with you all if I had to explain what actually happened in the book let alone try to comprehend myself on what just happened . . . I just can't even fathom it. I honestly had no idea what happened in this sequel and whether that's because I lacked some attention or I missed out on something totally important that I can't seem to remember right now, but there was just something missing here and it left me with an empty feeling which I guess has to do with my high expectations after reading the enjoyable first book.

Overall, FALSE SIGHT was a very different book. Unlike the first, there are major events that occur that are so confusing and too major to even comprehend which is very disappointing for me because it had so much potential to be full of greatness. So should I continue with the series? Yes, I will still continue with this series in hopes of a better future for the characters considering how it all ended in this sequel, but I really do hope my love for this series comes back again from the final book because I miss my old buddy characters and their freaky situations.

The Rating
1/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...