Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Lulu

Pages: 261pgs

The Story


Teenager Alice Bonham's life feels crazy after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylor's and New Wave, he's unlike anyone she knows. Then she meets his brother, Peter. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him. Falling for two guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood.

The Review


Don't get me wrong here, I absolutely love Amanda Hocking as an author and in particular her very seductive Watersong series and her wonderfully creative (and my favourite series coming from Hocking) the Trylle series, but as much as it pains to me to say this in a book review of mine, I thought the first installment of her very first book series I believe, MY BLOOD APPROVES, was an absolutely terrible, terrible book and I don't know what to say about it without sounding like an awful person except that I can't believe I actually finished it to be honest with you. It was just so painful to read and I'm so glad I got this one for free when I did instead of buying it. It was just . . . oh dear god why?

 photo tumblr_inline_mkm85ccStH1qz4rgp_zps47fbcffc.gif

While I didn't mind the direction the story was going in, but the book had two terrible faults even before getting halfway into the storyline. For one, it resembled Twilight (of all things!) like it was a mirror of it and all of the characters were exactly like Twilight's characters and let's just say when you combine those faults together . . . it was not exactly a great start for me and it continued being this way until the very end of it, so I'm sure I'm not the only one to say it was again terrible. Not even the simplistic writing or its idiotic characters like Alice and Jack-whats-his-name could save it. However, the one positive thing I could say about this book is that it made Twilight's Edward and Bella look like a sane and normal couple which is surprisingly considering . . . they aren't exactly . . . well . . . "normal".

 photo tumblr_mhk5lzM58G1qg2jf6o1_250_zps1db3b11e.gif

Overall, MY BLOOD APPROVES was obviously NOT for me but if you love reading something that's more fan-fiction than anything else you may like this book. But I wouldn't bet on it which pains me because I have loved all of the other works by Amanda Hocking so in advance I would like to apologize because I really did try to like this book (I honestly really, really did). It was just Jack and that Alice girl . . . they just made me feel this way . . .

 photo tumblr_mlycojlfqE1rcy99do1_500_zps808239e9.gif

The Rating
1/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...