Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tiger by William Richter

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Razorbill

Pages: 352pgs

The Story

A vigilante fights for justice at any cost. Wallis Stoneman isn't like other teenage girls. She’s beautiful, fearless, and deadly.

Wally lives alone in her Brooklyn loft. She’d be a regular teenager, except that she’s the daughter of a Russian assassin. Crime is in Wally’s blood, but she uses her legacy for good: she solves missing persons cases for the Ursula Society, an under-the-radar organization that uses oft-illegal tactics to find people the police have given up on.

The person Wally most wants to find? Tiger, her own fugitive brother. But the closer Wally gets to finding Tiger, the more dangerous her search becomes. And Klesko, Wally and Tiger’s sadistic father, is again at large. With two highly-skilled con men against them, Wally and Tiger band together to destroy a conspiracy in which they—and their hearts—are mere pawns.

The Review

Meh. This book was . . . okay. I mean, it wasn't exactly wowing in the most epic way (unfortunately), so it does really kill me to say that the continuation of William Richter's debut Dark Eyes did not improve with its sequel. But with everything that had happened and with new characters being introduced, by all means I thought it was still just an okay sort of book and is something to read for the sake of it and for this particular series.

From last year's reads, I actually quite enjoyed the first book of Richter's Dark Eyes and despite its flaws, because it was a dark and dangerous read with plenty to offer on the entertaining side of things. And it had a great likeness to one of my favourite thriller stories of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. But like what I still wanted from that very first book, I was still looking for something so much more . . . something to blow me away, so I thought this sequel might just be it for me. Unfortunately, it wasn't so. While I enjoyed getting to know our main character, Wally, some more and about her own family dealings, but in the end, I just felt like everything that happened it all happened for . . .  well . . . nothing. It was almost as if Wally went back to where she started from the first book by the end of book two, which is not always a good thing considering . . . well . . . there should be some more progression in the storyline and with its characters. Still, it was a decent read and I'm definitely going to go ahead and read the third book just to find out what happens for the end of Wally's journey.

Overall, TIGER was good but it just didn't live up to my high expectations. So whether you have read the first book or not, I would still recommend this series, especially if you're looking for a book to pass the time with or to continue the series for the sake of finding out what happens to all of our characters.

The Rating
3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...