Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink

Release Date: 4th August, 2011

Publishers: ATOM

Pages: 352pgs

The Story

Two sisters. United by blood. Divided by a prophecy.

Lia Milthorpe's determination to end the prophecy that has divided her family for generations is stronger than ever. With time dwindling, Lia sets out on a journey to locate the missing pieces of the prophecy needed to close the Gate, and to persuade her sister Alice to help - or she will have to risk her life trying to close it herself.

Lia has Dimitri by her sisde, but Alice has James, the man who once loved Lia - and maybe still does. James doesn't know the truth about either sister, or about the prophecy that divides them. And Alice intends to keep it that way.

There are some things sisters aren't meant to share. And some secrets that could destroy them both.

The Review

Yet another conclusion to a popular young adult series. I admit, I wasn't a huge fan of this series but when I read the second book, Guardian of the Gate, I was immediately drawn back into this world created by the author.

CIRCLE OF FIRE takes readers onto a whole new level and fans of the series will be shocked - well it was predictable but nonetheless shocked - by the final-showdown-of-an-ending. What I'm grateful of Michelle Zink is the way she stayed true with the novel. After all, this book is about the powerful bond between sisters - the love sisters share - and how easily something can tear them apart. My favourite character of all would have to be Lia herself. She's a strong heroine despite the whole fate-and-destiny thing, and she's still able to pull through the darkness even with her sister being her enemy. As for another favourite of mine . . . it would have to be Dimitri. Unlike James - a supporting character that never really appealed to me - Dimitri made it easy to fall in love with. I have a well-document case of loving fictional boys who are devoted to the right cause and it also helps that he's hot. I mean, what's a love interest without the hotness? Plus I fall hard for boys with the name Dimitri.

Overall if you're new to this series, then please read it or if you're a follower of Michelle Zink's Prophecy of the Sisters then be rest assured that you won't be disappointed by this conclusion. Despite the ending and a couple of little things that I found a little predictable, however everything that happened was exactly how I wanted it to end and I thank Michelle Zink personally for writing such a beautiful and mesmerizing series! I'm looking forward to future novels written by her!

The Rating

4 1/2 / 5 stars

6 comments:

  1. I've only read the first book in this series - ages ago - but you're definitely encouraging me to dive into the sequel and finish it! I liked Prophecy of Sisters enough to continue on, just never got around to it. For the life of me, I can't remember who Dimitri was (or maybe he's introduced later) but I'm so curious to learn more about him because hello hotness, with a name like that. I have high expectations :D Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any book of this series yet, but I've seen reviews of the novels on a lot of blogs and I have to admit that they look quite interesting. And a guy named Dimitri? I'm in. :D

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read through the first few chapters of the first book while waiting for my mom at a store, but I never got the chance to continue. The series sounds interesting! I'm glad the last book lived up to your expectations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brodie: You have to read this series! Book 2 and Book 3 are awesome! But yes Dimitri isn't introduced until book 2. :)

    Carina: I'm pretty sure everyone who loves 'a' Dimitri will love this book. But this book series is really interesting, especially book 2 and 3.

    Sonia: I'm glad to book lived up to my expectations too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds awesome! I haven't heard much about it, but I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristina: You have to check it out. It's a great series.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...