Saturday, August 3, 2013

Erasing Time by C.J. Hill

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

Pages: 368pgs

The Story

When twins Sheridan and Taylor wake up 400 years in the future, they find a changed world: domed cities, no animals, and a language that's so different, it barely sounds like English. And the worst news: They can't go back home.

The twenty-fifth-century government transported the girls to their city hoping to find a famous scientist to help perfect a devastating new weapon. The same government has implanted tracking devices in the citizens, limiting and examining everything they do. Taylor and Sheridan have to find a way out of the city before the government discovers their secrets. To complicate matters, the moblike Dakine has interest in getting hold of them too. The only way for the girls to elude their pursuers is to put their trust in Echo, a guy with secrets of his own. The trio must put their faith in the unknown to make a harrowing escape into the wilds beyond the city.

The Review

Whether it was because I wasn't in the mood for this particular book right now or because I just wasn't into the whole of the storyline (who knows really), but unfortunately for this book right here it was just not my cup of tea. While ERASING TIME certainly did have it's high points in certain sections of the book and had that great thriller and sci-fi feel added onto it (which I always love to read in a good old book), but there was just something missing in this title and I don't know what it was exactly, so in that case it was a pretty disappointing read on my part because the book had sounded really good initially.

On the brighter side of things, I had actually thought the start of the book was really gaining my full attention and I was also starting to like this book as it definitely had great potential (I mean the storyline alone sounded so cool and fresh). However, once I dived more into this storyline and once it introduced many confusing things that I couldn't fully understand and not to mention having very little explanation of why things were the way they were and with very little character development on top of it all, the more and more the book started to pull me away from . . . well . . . pretty much everything else in the book that I tried to connect with. I may have liked the concept of the book (which is why it's getting two starts from me because I certainly liked the originality of it) and some of the characters (props to them as well), but sadly everything else that needed to matter somehow just fell apart in the end. There were just too many questions I had with very little answers to them, which I don't like in a book at all. I mean, I get it's the first book in the series and such, but . . . I still don't like this confusing element to it. I just needed . . . more from it in the end I guess.

Overall, ERASING TIME isn't everybody's cup of tea and judging by my review you can see this already, but if you're looking for a quick-paced story with some pretty interesting characters and unique world-building concepts that you may or may not have read before, I would definitely recommend giving this book a shot and see what happens for you because there are still plenty of other readers who had quite enjoyed this book more than I ever did.

The Rating
2/5 stars

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame when a book has so much potential but it fails for you as a reader. This does sound good but I often find time travel books don't work for me. Great review, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel the exact same way. I love time travel but I have yet come across a book that blows me away with that element. :/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...