Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lick by Kylie Scott

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Momentum

Pages: 286pgs

The Story

Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas’s plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll’s favourite son is sure to be a wild ride.

The Review

LICK (a title that made me giggle like a school girl when I first discovered it on goodreads hehe) was such a fantastic read and there's no doubt about it. Not only was the book sexy, smart, funny, and straight to the point which I always like, but it's also a really great story too and is told very well. I admit, I wasn't too sure about this title and because of its genre, but when you combine a great looking cover and a story revolving around (awesome) rockstars, I was already hooked and wanting to desperately read this book. And thankfully it was a success and boy did I love it!

While there are many crazy events happening throughout the book and some that are more believable than others, but what Kylie Scott did fantastically with was how she'd written all of her characters. Especially her main ones, Evelyn and David, whom I thought was just so . . . suited and perfect for one another. Evelyn and David are just so well-developed even for a much shorter book such as this one and I love how their 'love' for one another is thrown at them with one very impulsive act and you'll find out so much more about this later on in the book. But let's just say it was pretty awesome and wait until you read the book. It's got everything you could possibly want to entertain you and you'll be in laughing fits! That's for sure.

Overall, LICK is a must read for everyone and I'm really glad I went ahead and read it myself. With a very well-paced romance that doesn't necessarily go off to a good start and yet it sublime by the end of the book, all I can say is this title was so entertaining and I can't wait to read more from this author!

The Rating
4 1/2 / 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...