Friday, August 30, 2013

The Thing About Wolves by Leigh Evans

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Tor

Pages: 352pgs

The Story

Being put in charge of a werewolf pack might be someone’s dream, but it’s Hedi’s nightmare. Hints that it’s not working out include the Creemore wolves wanting her blood. And the Council of Weres wanting her dead . . .

Then all Hedi's wishes are granted. Robson Trowbridge, pack leader, returns – and her love isn't alone. He's found her missing twin brother, Lexi, among the fae. With this double helping of wonderful, things should’ve been all sunshine and flowers, but the fae lands have changed both men. Hedi’s brother is dying of an addiction, and her relationship with Robson may not survive the forces pushing them apart. To combat the darkness ahead, Hedi must face her dangerous were/fae heritage – and accept the consequences.

The Review

A big thanks to the publisher for sending me a review copy of this book!

This book was one very unusual read for me. Yup, indeed it was. So when I was given this book by the publisher to review, I was a bit hesitant in reading it because I instantly saw the word 'werewolves' written on the front cover and while I do like to read pretty much anything and not judge simply by a book's genre, but with werewolves I'm quite tired of them. But in any case and like with any other book in the genre, I always like to give the author the benefit of the doubt and hope the book can change my mind somehow. And, in a certain sense, it did because it blended werewolves and fairies together, and it did entertain me a little even though it was not a favourite read of mine.

So when it comes to THE THING ABOUT WOLVES, while the book itself remains only to be just an okay read for me, but the main reason why I'm not giving a lot of stars for my rating of the book is because I'm a bit confused by the story and that's because after reading a certain amount of the book I only just realized that it was actually a sequel to a series, which peeves me off for obvious reasons because I don't usually read sequels without having read the first book (obviously!). Still, I went ahead and read more of this book and amazingly enough I finished it. Sure for the most part, I may have very little idea of what happened in the book, but I got the main gist of it and it was still just an okay read for me. For sure, this book may not be right for my own personal book taste or rather doesn't really encourage me to read the first book either, but it was still an okay read and I didn't mind it.

Overall, THE THING ABOUT WOLVES definitely sets itself apart from other typical werewolf stories that I have come across in the past and if you like that idea then I would highly recommend this book to you and its series.

The Rating
2/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...