Friday, August 9, 2013

Transcendence by C.J. Omololu

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Bloomsbury

Pages: 325pgs

The Story

What if your past became your future? 

The rules of time are no match for destiny . . .

Cole fears she's losing her mind. Lately, everywhere she goes, everything she touches, triggers vivid scenes of a time she doesn't know, in a place she's never lived. Then she loses her heart too . . . When Griffon first sees Cole, he knows immediately that she is special, like him - that her visions are memories of past lives. And he is sure their paths were meant to cross in this life . . . With Griffon's help, Cole pieces together clues from many lifetimes and discovers a secret that could ruin her only chance of a future with Griffon. But risking his love may be the only way to save them both.

The Review

A big thanks to Bloomsbury Australia for sending me a review copy of this book!

You know what? I didn't think I would like this book. No really I didn't think I would. I mean, I may like past lives and all of that history in-between it, but I honestly wasn't sure what to think of this book because, for one, I haven't heard too much about it, and two, I didn't know much about it either. But let me tell you, after I started the book and after I kept on reading that book, I had actually started to become so immersed with everything inside that one book and in the end I actually loved it!

With plenty of great twists, histories and romance that are pretty unexpected, I can guarantee to most readers that they will themselves, at least I found, come to love this story that the author has managed to set-up for herself and for her readers. It just had everything I liked in a book. But I think the history within itself that she wrote for us was what made the book so very interesting to me and I particularly liked how she dealt with the subject matter of reincarnation, which can also be a pretty tricky topic for most authors to nail perfectly. So in this case, I found the author wrote it perfectly and for the most part in a very unique way that I was pretty happy about.

In terms of the characters, I really enjoyed reading about the two main ones from the book and that being Cole and Griffin. Personally, I thought they were the heart and soul of the story of TRANSCENDENCE and the romance that ends up sparking between the two of them were so damn right lovable right from the very beginning of the book, so of course both of these characters were very much loved by me in the end. But what did I like most about them? Well, I liked the fact that they weren't your typical annoying and cliche of romances, but rather a romance where the two characters actually support one another and thankfully have this mutual understanding of one another as well, so another two thumbs up for the author for writing that part for her two main characters because I like this supportive system for my character love interests.

Overall, TRANSCENDENCE was a delightful little read and while this story would make quite a good standalone if I do say so myself, but I'm still very excited and very eager to get my hands on the next sequel which I believe is already out now . . . so I must get to it soon!

The Rating
4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...