Tuesday, August 13, 2013

TMI: City of Bones: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion by Mimi O'Connor

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Pages: 128pgs

The Story

Don’t miss The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, soon to be a major motion picture in theaters August 2013.

Get a behind-the-scenes look at the making of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones movie with this official companion book. This fan favorite features full-color photos from the set, designers’ sketches, interviews with the cast and crew, and more! From the screenwriting process to the casting decisions to the director’s vision, this definitive book is a must-have for fans of the blockbuster film!

The Review

A big thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia for sending me a review copy of this book!

Honestly what can I say? If you're a big fan of Cassandra Clare's work like I am and in particular of The Mortal Instruments series, then you're going to love this behind-the-scenes look at the motion picture of the City of Bones film which is - exciting as it already is - coming out next week at the cinema and I'm really, really  looking forward to watching it now, especially after reading this book.

While I don't normally collect nor read movie companions such as this book, but considering I love this book series the movie is based on and since I can't wait for the film itself, I just couldn't pass this book up without reading it. Not only do be get a lot of insight into the actual film and the filming process itself, but we also get to see so much more including descriptions, interviews, high resolution pictures and getting to know just how much work there is behind an epic film which makes me appreciate the film even more now. It's just awesome needless to say.

Overall, the CITY OF BONES: THE OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATED MOVIE COMPANION will definitely be a great collector items for all fans of the series and it's definitely a great read for all, especially to those who are just as excited as I am for the upcoming film this month!

The Rating
4 1/2 / 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I don't usually read movie companions either (though I've had my eye on the Harry Potter one for months) but I think if I like the CoB film, I might pick this up! I do like seeing behind the scenes! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely grab a copy if you like the film. It's actually a not too bad book. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...