Saturday, October 1, 2011

Coexist by Julia Crane

Release Date: 19th June, 2011

Publisher: Valknut Press

Pages: 210pgs

The Story

Sixteen-year-old Keegan is struggling to keep her huge secret from her friends - she's an elf, descended from a long line of elves that live in secrecy alongside humans. In elfin society, mates are predetermined but not allowed to meet until they are eighteen. Against tradition, Keegan's brother Thaddeus told her Rourk's name because his visions warned him she'd need Rourk's protection, especially since Keegan will play a key role in the coming war between the dark and light elves.

Rourk finds himself drawn to Keegan's side every time she thinks his name. He wants to talk to her but remains in the shadows, silently guarding her every time she mentally beckons him. A twist of fate thrusts the two of them together when Rourk is forced to step up his protection and makes his presence known. An ancient prophecy deeply entwines Keegan's family and the future of their society. Somehow they must find a way to thwart fate and win the battle . . . without losing Keegan.

With war brewing, and dark forces aligning, will Keegan and Rourk ever have the life together they both desire?

The Review

A big thanks to the author Julia Crane for providing me with an ebook copy!

In the book COEXIST, elves must marry their destined one when they come of age. Destined partners are matched to every elf chosen before they are born, and they're supposed to connect and have this amazing chemistry for one another. Sounds good, right? The only thing is: they are not supposed to know their destined partner until they turn eighteen. But for the main heroine of this tale, Keegan, she knows her destined one's name because her brother had a vision that told him Keegan needs to seek protection from her destined partner. So to cut to the chase, Rourk is Keegan's destined one and from afar he watches her, and they end up meeting and having this instant connection like nothing else they have ever felt before, and due to an upcoming war between the dark and the light elves, both Keegan and Rourk must work together.

When I came across this book on goodreads and read the plot, I knew immediately it was my type of read. And, thankfully, I won a contest hosted by the author, giving readers an ebook copy of her books. So kudos for that Julia Crane. Anyway I'm happy to say that this book was quite well-written and didn't disappoint. Keegan's character was a solid character. She has many friends, enjoys her school life and has great support. Same goes for her love interest, Rourk. Now he was a great character! During the course of this book there were a lot of moments where I shouted, "Just meet her already boy!" but other than those small outbursts, I truly loved his character and when he needed to act in protecting Keegan, I felt like he did it at the right time. Thank god for a love interest like that because most fictional boys take their time on things.

But like most young adult stories, the killer was the ending. There's always a twist at the end and I'm looking forward into reading COEXIST's sequel, which I have at the ready. All in all, this was a pretty great read and surprisingly a very cute story. If you're a fan of destined love and matched couples, then a lot of readers will enjoy this book!

The Rating

3 1/2 / 5 stars

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like my kind of read, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely check it out when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this definitely sounds like my kind of story too! I hadn't heard of it before, so thanks for popping it on my radar. I've read fey books, but elves? I've yet to dive in, but I'm totally intrigued. This sounds awesome, so glad you enjoyed. Congrats on your win! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brodie. I haven't read any books involving elves, so this definitely interested me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking your time to review Coexist. It's greatly appreciated! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a problem Julia. Thanks for providing me with an ebook copy of this book. Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had just discovered this book and I must say, I was hooked! I wasn't expecting much really but I just wasn't able to stop reading it. I was enchanted with the world that the author has painted and I was fairly new in reading about elves so this was a nice change for me. :) I will be sure to check the rest of the book series and Julia Crane's other books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...