Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Release Date: 4th October, 2011

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Pages: 438pgs

The Story

The noise between Patch and Nora has gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past, bridged two irreconcilable worlds and faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust . . . and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and hell.

Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for, and their love, forever.

The Review

A big thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia for sending me a review copy of this book!

For fans of the Hush Hush series, you should know already on what happened at the ending of Crescendo, and boy the author was brutally cruel in teasing us so. The major cliffhanger had changed everything that we know about the story and the characters, and like I said, the author was brutal because we had to wait for the next book to find out what happens. Damn these authors of ours nowadays and these tormenting pages. But after a long wait for the third book, readers will finally experience a new thrilling ride where nothing is as it seems and let's just say this time round, Patch and Nora are in more trouble than ever before.

In the third book SILENCE, we find out what happened to Nora Grey. She has not only lost three months of her life but she has no recollection of those three months alone. When she's found again by police - in a dark, creepy cemetery no less - and is back home living with her mother who has changed from the mother she used to know, she soon learns while she was gone, everyone else thought she was kidnapped and thinks god-knows-what-else had happened to her. But what's worse - she can't remember her fallen angel boyfriend Patch nor anything about the angels and nephilim. But as we divulge into the lost answers Nora is looking for, we also solve many other secrets that we didn't see coming. Of hers and Patch's.

I really enjoyed this novel. For the first 150 pages or so, I was a little disappointed with the lack of development in the storyline because nothing was really happening and it drove me off course. But once I flew past the rest of the chapters and realized I hit the ending pages, the plot began to move incredibly fast and I couldn't seem to put the book down after that. There were several fighting scenes that were well-written and I found myself yet again entertained. When it came to the Hush Hush series, I liked Nora's character in the first book but found her way too whiny and a little childish in the sequel. However in SILENCE to my surprise, I found Nora's character has really changed for the better. She's more mature and comes across as really well-rounded character that you can love and have some respect for. Plus she didn't make stupid decisions unlike the decisions she made in the sequel. So two big thumbs up for that.

Now onto Patch's character. I admit, I was peeved off on how he comes and goes in this book and I just wanted him out in the open. And bloody hell . . . damn Nora for not remembering him when he was around. It was so frustrating! But once he was out of the shadows, readers will be thinking "Our Patch is back and is super awesome as always". Because he is. Sure he's like every other guy character who wants to 'protect' the girl they love and while sometimes that doesn't always work out that way, but I still loved Patch just being Patch. To add to his positive side, readers will finally get to see more of his abilities put into action and I fell back in love with his character again. And as for the other characters such as Scott (yes, he's back), Marcie, Vee and that Hank (you know, that douche guy we will forever hate on hating), they were all a great supporting cast to have in this installment and for once they served some purpose in the novel. Especially Scott and Marcie, which surprised me because sometimes I thought they had no purpose at all . . . but thankfully they did in this addition to the series.

Overall, Becca Fitzpatrick has done it again with SILENCE. Offering a part-romantic, thrilling, mysterious and a suspenseful novel with plenty of shocking twists and unsuspecting cracks in this flawless storyline, I'm glad to say that all readers of this series will not be disappointed. And now learning that Fitzpatrick is writing a fourth book, I literally can't wait to get my hands on a copy because there was yet another cliffhanger leaving you speechless and begging for more scorching hotness. So a big thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia for sending me a review copy of this book! You guys are the best publishers and deserve every bit of credit for publishing SILENCE!

The Rating


5/5 stars

3 comments:

  1. I liked this one, but it wasn't quite as good as the first - the second one I did like even though there was tons of frustrating BS going on and the total cliffhanger - I think this one picked up more towards the end definitely! OF COURSE PATCH HELPED HEAT IT UP! LOOOOOVE HIM! ;) Great review!

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review, Erin! I'm reading this now and absolutely loving it. I think I forgot how much I missed Patch! <3 So excited (and scared) to see what this cliffhanger ending is.... not quite sure I'm as prepared as I need to be. EEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review! I've been hearing it's an okay read, but the first one is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...