Saturday, October 8, 2011

Conflicted by Julia Crane

Release Date: 14th September, 2011

Publisher: Valknut Press

Pages: 210pgs

The Story

In the Elfin world, magic and destiny determine who will be together. "Chosen" pairs are fated to meet at the age of 18.

Keegan, however, is an anomaly. Having fallen into the battle between the Light and the Dark, she is only alive due to Black Magic, and her bond with her Chosen is broken. She cannot remember Rourk at all.

For the first time, she feels like a normal teenager. She is dating Donald, her long-time crush, and everything seems perfect. But Rourk still feels their bond, and despairs for the woman he was always meant to love.

Keegan's best friend Anna is determined to find a way to use her powers to return Keegan's bond, no matter what it takes. The question is does Keegan want it?

The Review

A big thanks to the author Julia Crane for providing me with an ebook copy!

CONFLICTED starts right after the events of Coexist and you can read my review on the first book here. The last time we saw Keegan she was saved from death, but because of a nasty side effect of black magic, she has no memory of her Chosen one, Rourk. Without the memory of Rourk and the freedom it offers of not having a Chosen one, in CONFLICTED Keegan decides to date her friend, Donald. And all through the book, Rourk is of course not happy about this situation he's put in but he decides to enlist in the army so he can try and let go of Keegan forever.

I can't necessarily say I liked this book more than the first, but it was entertaining to say the least. There was only one character I felt bad for and that was Rourk. The poor guy wants the girl he loves, Keegan, to remember who he is and retrieve back their bond . . . but it all seems impossible when his love falls for someone else. I'm always Team Rourk but for Donald fans, I just don't see his appeal whatsoever. As for Keegan's character, readers will see an entirely different girl in this book due to the side effect of the black magic. I didn't like the new Keegan and I wanted the old one back, and despite the crazy things that happened, I was still very happy with the way things ended - though the author did rush the ending.

Overall I thought CONFLICTED was a fast-paced, easy-to-read book. I enjoyed the world Julia Crane created and like I said above, even though it wasn't better than the first book, but the novel's series are going in the right direction in entertaining the reader and I can't wait to see what happens in book three.

The Rating
3/5 stars

3 comments:

  1. Shame it didn't woo you over more than the first book, but I'm glad it's still an enjoyable series that you want to continue on reading. Definitely sounds like a fascinating world she's created. And also, pretty covers for these books! Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the series will never impress you like it they did with the first book. But yes, I love these book covers! Thanks for commenting Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished Coexist and next on the agenda will be this book. I was totally shocked with the ending of Coexist and I just can't wait to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...