Sunday, October 6, 2013

Extreme Love by Abby Niles

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Entangled Publishing

Pages: 352pgs

The Story

New body. New clothes. New men.

Used to the average Joe, Caitlyn Moore is overwhelmed when the supremely masculine Dante Jones walks into her life and expresses an interest in her. At first she pushes him away, refusing to encourage the attention of a cage fighter. Then she learns Dante has a love ‘em and leave ‘em reputation. What better way to fine-tune her non-existent flirting skills than with a male who won’t stick around? But Dante has no intention of being a practice dummy; he’s out for all or nothing. Now Caitlyn must accept Dante—violent career and all—or let him go.

Dante “Inferno” Jones has one goal: win the Welterweight Championship. At a time when focus is crucial, the last thing he needs is a distraction. Yet Caitlyn Moore becomes a challenge he can’t resist. When the light-hearted pursuit shifts to a battle to win her heart, his focus is shot. Faced with losing the biggest match of his career, Dante must decide if his extreme life also has room for Extreme Love.

The Review

A big thanks to netGalley for accepting my request in reading this book early!

I don't know what I was expecting from this book in the first place, but I mainly wanted something fun to read and pass the time with. So don't get me wrong here, the book was definitely well-written in certain aspects, I enjoyed it to some degree, and it definitely had some potential in the storyline, but when it comes down to it . . . I just found the book wasn't realistic in any sense.

The main thing that irritated me the most and was the main reason why I didn't like this book as much as I wanted to . . . all had to do with Cait, our main character. I get she used to have - or rather still has - insecurities about her own body image, but there's a point in a book where that issue can only go so far and to me the author took it a bit too far where it got kind of boring and repetitive. I mean, of course it's great to talk about body image and reflect it in a ugly light, but hearing other characters call out on Cait's 'weight' . . . like all the time . . . just didn't feel right to me and never in my life have I heard people point out someone's weight like these people did in the book. Like right to someone's face. But in saying that, Cait rarely stood up for herself and ran away whenever things got tough. Now I get where the author is coming from in Cait's perspective, but it's not by any means something that would inspire me and personally characters should be inspiring in a certain sense.

Dante, on the other hand, this fighter dude who is pretty up-himself for the majority of the book, is someone you love to hate. I get he's good-looking, has a decent body and likes a good old challenge with the opposite sex - particularly when it comes to Cait not wanting him like all women supposedly do - but despite his super cool name, I thought Dante was a bit of bore. I mean, I admired him in standing up for Cait whenever one of his idiot friends and embarrassing exes call Cait names, but Dante thought he was all that, you know? It's great to love yourself but . . . not too much, okay? Hehe.

Overall, EXTREME LOVE is definitely extreme for the most part but if you're looking for something fun to read like I was wanting, then this book would be great to pass the time with. It's not by any means realistic but it's fun to read and frustrate over.

The Rating
2/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...