Friday, October 4, 2013

This Girl by Colleen Hoover

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Atria Books

Pages: 304pgs

The Story

There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Will’s.

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.

The Review

A big thanks to the publisher for sending me a review copy of this book!

Like most of us readers, I'm a really huge fan of Colleen Hoover and her Slammed series. If you read her books you will know why I love her so much as author because she writes up some pretty great characters and has some great romantic stories to tell. So, like any other fan of hers, when I heard she was going to write a third book in her Slammed series, I couldn't help myself to read it because it means more of Layken and Will which is fine by me.

All in all, I thought THIS GIRL was a great read, especially for those readers like myself that have loved Colleen Hoover's series from the get-go. But in saying that, while getting to see more from Layken and Will was awesome because they are now a (mostly) happy married couple and getting Will's point-of-view was another added bonus, but compared to the other two books in the series, I thought this book was only an average read for me and that's because there were way too many flashbacks for my liking and that the character dialogue was way too cheesy for my taste, even though I love Layken and Will to death as characters. But when you add too much cheese, I'm not going to bite. It's just . . . too much for me. But regardless of what I thought, it was still a nice little continuation of the story and gave us some insight to what Will and Layken were up to as a married couple and what happens to happily ever after.

Overall, despite the cheesy dialogue, THIS GIRL is a must read for all Colleen Hoover fans and should not be missed out if you love Will and Layken as much as I do despite their up-and-down dramas.

The Rating
3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...