Monday, October 7, 2013

Keeping Her by Cora Carmack

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Ebury Digital

Pages: 176pgs

The Story

What happens after the happy ending?

Garrick is over the moon that his girlfriend, Bliss, said yes. He's finally found the love of his life. That means his worries are over, right?

But when he invites her to visit London and meet his family, he is presented with a whole new set of problems. How will his privileged and wealthy family react to Bliss's unique brand of awkwardness?


The Review

A big thanks to the publisher on netGalley for providing me a review copy!

This book is a novella that gives us a short story about what happens after the events  of Cora Carmack's Losing It book and what goes beyond with Garrick and Bliss's relationship.

I quite enjoyed the story of Losing It as I'm sure many others have also. So when I saw there was going to be a small short story to continue on with the two main characters of Losing It, I decided to go ahead and read this short story, mostly just to see what the main characters, Garrick and Bliss, are mainly up to now and to see how their relationship is going whether it was stronger than ever or merely the same. Now while I wished the novella focused on more important things and such, but readers do get to see Bliss finally meeting Garrick's family and friends which is troublesome for Bliss, at times, considering how hers and Garrick's relationship first started as a teacher-student thing. In that certain aspect, I think many readers will find it very entertaining in seeing how Garrick's family - mostly his mother - react to the news of Garrick's engagement to Bliss (slight spoiler here). But as for and what I thought of the novella, I didn't mind it so much because we saw more of these two main characters together, but as far as the story goes I didn't really see the point of it really . . . only that we met Garrick's family briefly and learned that there was slight troubles for the newly engaged couple . . . but that was about it. It was fun to read, of course and don't get me wrong here, but I wished for more to happen even for a short story. But that's just me being picky.

Overall, KEEPING HER will definitely be a great short story for those wanting more of Garrick and Bliss. It was nothing ground-breaking or anything like that, but I enjoyed it regardless.

The Rating
3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...