Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Pages: 544pgs

The Story

Mara Dyer knows she isn't crazy. She knows that she can kill with her mind, and that Noah can heal with his. Mara also knows that somehow, Jude is not a hallucination. He is alive. Unfortunately, convincing her family and doctors that she's not unstable and doesn't need to be hospitalised isn't easy. The only person who actually believes her is Noah. But being with Noah is dangerous and Mara is in constant fear that she might hurt him. She needs to learn how to control her power, and fast! Together, Mara and Noah must try and figure out exactly how Jude survived when the asylum collapsed, and how he knows so much about her strange ability...before anyone else ends up dead!

The Review

Damn. Damn. Damn. I knew this book was so awesomely-different but damn this book was SO god-damn twisted and boy did I love it for being that twisted. So while I'm regaining my thoughts right now over this book, sometime last year I had the pleasure of reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and I thought it was one of the best - and creepiest - reads I have come across in a very long time, so of course I was looking forward to seeing what would happen in the sequel. But unlike most disappointing sequels that some series have (which I prayed over and over again that this sequel would not be one of 'them'), this particular sequel, I thought at least, was even better than the first book and surpassed it in many, many ways so I was a very happy reader by the end of this book. So yay for that!

But without spoiling everything in the book (since this book should remain a bit of an enigma for those who have yet to read this book series), all I can say is THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER will keep you questioning from the get-go and never do you see things coming your way. First you have your theories of what will become of Mara Dyer and her boyfriend Noah Shaw (who is so awesome in this book mind you and I love him for being the bad-boy-but-also-the-supportive-boyfriend as well), but then once another twist is thrown your way . . . you soon begin creating even more theories in your head with how the book is going to end, and to me I just love that feeling and how the mystery is not predictable in any matter whatsoever. So yeah, I really enjoyed this book, especially its characters. Yeah I'm talking to you Mara and Noah. You crazy, sexy kids. *grins*

Anyway, I think out of everything I've just read, the best part of this book was (of course) the ending. The big cliffhanger ending. Now while I was already and 'accidentally' spoiled by the ending of this sequel (which mind you was a very big spoiler) from certain someones, but even reading the ending for myself sent shockwaves on my spine and now I'm hungry for MORE! So I desperately need the next book, Michelle Hodkin, I need it now!!!!

Overall, THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER was an excellent sequel and considering what happened in the end, I'm already gearing up theories of my own for book three and boy I can't wait to read it!

The Rating
5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...