Sunday, December 23, 2012

Caressed by Night by Amanda J. Greene

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: IndiePub

Pages: 317pgs

The Story

Dimitri Arsov, the last remaining pure vampire, was thought to be dead for the past four hundred years. Now, he is back and has a score to settle with the traitor that had tried to kill him centuries ago. But as he waits for his prey to blindly step into his carefully laid trap, his overwhelming hunger for blood is triggered when he saves a beautiful art historian.

Kerstyn Ingmar's life was normal and straight up boring until the night she is rescued by the dangerously sexy, powerfully mesmerizing, Dimitri. Unable to resist his diamond blue eyes and intense kisses, she is drawn into his world of darkness and closer to her impending doom.

While their desire consumes them, Dimitri is haunted by images of a bloody and deadly future. As his enemies draw near, he must find a way to save his mate from her destiny before fate destroys them both.

The Review

A big thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this book!

Having read her first adult paranormal book Caressed by Moonlight and enjoying it immensely, I'm happy to say that the author, Amanda J. Greene, has such an awesome talent because she knows how to entertain her readers no matter the age differences, especially when it comes to her character development - their emotional depths, their personalities, their hardships, their detailed histories, and heck even their relationships which I found were superb and were definitely up high on the sexy-reading radar. I admit, while some readers may believe this book is too hot to handle, but once you begin reading this book . . . you will be totally sucked in by the storyline and the characters alone.

With an awesome setting being Sin City (really appropriate right?) and an entertaining storyline, this book has true greatness through my eyes and as far as the main characters go, Kerstyn and Dimitri, they were actually pretty perfect for each other (it certainly surprised me) and were a well-balanced couple if I do say so myself. Sure there is a bit of insta-and-rushed-love between these two main characters, but I liked them despite all of that. Kerstyn, for example, was someone full of insecurities in her life and never really took charge of her life nor strive for what she had truly wanted, whereas the new vampire hottie on the block Dimitri was the complete opposite and often challenged Kerstyn on so many levels which was really great to see both through their connection and character development. And, because of him being so challenge he actually made me warm up to Kerstyn even more so I'm glad for that.

Without revealing too much of the storyline, CARESSED BY NIGHT was a fantastic sequel to Greene's adult paranormal series and I'm definitely eager to read her future books in the series, which I know will be full of lust, power, and a whole lot of smexy love. Again, many thanks to the author for providing me a review copy of her book!

The Rating
4/5 stars

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, this sounds great. I'm usually a little wary when it comes to adult paranormal, but I like that there's a good balance of character development and entertainment. Great review as always, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like when the characters who are supposed to be in love really click, even if it has a flavor of insta-love (I'm a hard sell when it comes to that!). Nothing wrong with too hot in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to sell but yeah . . . I don't mind some hot in my book too. ;) hehe

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...