Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Immortal Hearts by Ellen Schreiber

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

Pages: 260pgs

The Story

Athena "Stormy" Sterling is coming to Dullsville, and Raven is both excited and panicked in anticipation of Alexander's little sister's visit. Alexander tells Raven that she and his sister have a lot in common, but can the mini-Raven be everything she hopes for? Alexander calls her Stormy for a reason.

Stormy's visit stirs up the perfect immortal whirlwind. Raven is forced to take a good look at what it would really mean to be a vampire in the Sterling family, aside from some of the things she already loves, like shunning the sun and sleeping in a coffin with Alexander. When Raven compares her life with Stormy's, she can see that it's not all starry skies and black roses. But Raven knows she's always wanted to be a vampire.

Alexander is as romantic and dreamy as ever, and though he keeps showing Raven how much he loves her, will she ultimately be able to convince him that it's the right thing to turn her?

This final chapter of Vampire Kisses' nocturnal romance will keep all mortal and immortal hearts racing.

The Review

I've been a mini fan of Ellen Schreiber's Vampire Kisses series for quite some time now, despite the books being not quite amazing amazing but rather cheesy-and-adorable in their own special kind of way if you know what I mean. But with the next book IMMORTAL HEARTS, the ninth and final installment of the series, I have to say it's a little sad to say goodbye to some of my favourite characters however it's also a bittersweet ending for all of these characters as well. It was so bittersweet indeed.

My favourite part of the book would have to be meeting Alexander's little sister, Stormy. Now unlike Alexander's sweet and caring personality that he possesses and pulls off very well, his sister on the other hand is the complete opposite to her vampire brother and is a whole ball of trouble which is how, of course, she'd gotten her nickname in the first place. For me, I thought Stormy was such an awesome character and I wished we met her sooner rather until NOW because she was so much fun to read about and I can see why her brother adored her so much. I mean considering this is a short book and all, I thought Stormy's character was well-plotted out and I enjoyed meeting her.

But not to worry readers, it's not all about Stormy and her vampire troubles. After all, this particular series is all about another two people that we know of and whom we all seem to care about the most - that being the gorgeous vampire boy named Alexander and the quirky vampire-obsessed girl named Raven. Much like the previous books, Alexander and Raven's romantic relationship continues to have their ups and downs, but for the most part and for the majority of the book, their relationship also continues to thrive and everything is laid out in the open for once in their lives, which I guess makes this last installment quite different to the previous books that I've read in this series. I won't say a terrible lot about Alexander and Raven, and what exactly happens to them in this final book, but what I will say is that they are one of the cutest couple I've ever met. There's no denying how sweet they are together and how well they complement each other, both in personality and in the looks department. And in this book . . . both of these characters will surely not disappoint you! Not in the slightest way possible.

Overall, IMMORTAL HEARTS ended on a high note for the Vampire Kisses series. Sure, the book and the previous installments before it weren't the best books ever in YA, but they are sweetest little reads and considering the ending it offered for this grand finale . . . it certainly left a smile on my face when I got to see what I waited for years and YEARS for, and I'm sure many other readers will have the exact same reaction as I did too!

The Rating
4 1/2 / 5 stars

8 comments:

  1. I completely forgot about this series! I started it a while ago, and agree that the first few books aren't amazing, but I enjoyed them well enough. It's good to know the series ends well. brilliant review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! It ends so well . . . so I'm pretty happy with that.

      Delete
  2. I've only read the first Vampire Kisses book but I don't remember it much. Was it originally meant to be a series? I thought it was more of a standalone. But like I said, I can't remember much about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I remember of the first book I think it was always meant for a series, though I expected it to be a trilogy of some sorts.

      Delete
  3. Skimming over your review a bit, because I haven't read any of the previous books in the series. But a 4.5 star rating says LOADS and despite what a lot of other people say, I'm not yet totally over vampires. Some DO make me roll my eyes and groan because it's so cliche or... sparkly :P But there are still unique spins out there! (WHY HELL, ADRIAN IVASHKOV).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. These kinds of books are great for quick reads. I'm kind of over vampires at the moment but I do make some exceptions here and there. ;)

      Delete
  4. Whoaaa NINTH BOOK?!?! HOLY COW. I don't think I have the patience to read a 9 book series at the moment, but I'm really glad you enjoyed this series!!! HAHAHAA Like Brodie, I'm totally over vamps too; unless of course it's ARIAN IVASHKOV<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had this series on my TBR list for a while they sound pretty good but 9 books! It's so intimidating O_O

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...