Friday, January 4, 2013

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Pages: 464pgs

The Story

Fates unfurl in the gripping conclusion to the 

New York Times bestselling Hush, Hush saga.

Nora is more certain than ever that she is in love with Patch. Fallen angel or no, he is the one for her. Her heritage and destiny may mean they are fated to be enemies, but there is no turning her back on him. Now Nora and Patch must gather their strength to face one last, perilous trial. Old enemies return, new enemies are made, and a friend's ultimate betrayal threatens the peace Patch and Nora so desperately want. The battle lines are drawn—but which sides are they on? And in the end, are there some obstacles even love can't conquer?

The Review

A big thanks to Simon & Schuster Australia for sending me a review copy of this book!

FINALE is the fourth and final installment of the bestselling series Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. Having enjoyed the previous three installments in the series - even though we did knock heads at times - I was still delighted to read this final book as it was coming to a close and I was looking forward to seeing what was going to happen to each of the characters, and of course, to see whether Nora and her fallen angel lover Patch would finally get the ending they clearly deserve, especially after all they have been through. In most cases yes . . . everything was achieved but all of the character's actions came with a lot of consequences in their wake. Some good and others bad.

Now I'll admit that this series wasn't perfect. Not in the very least. But considering how much action, romance, tension, and not to mention danger Becca Fitzpatrick managed to put altogether into her final book . . . I have to say FINALE was definitely my favourite book in the entire series and hooked me right from the beginning, and much more than the other books - Hush Hush, Crescendo, and Silence - ever did. For sure there were times where I questioned a lot of the character's actions and wondered why they weren't doing a certain something to make a dire circumstance so much better but the struggles needed to be included to engage the reader and hope for the best for them, so in that case it didn't really matter because we ended up with such a great book and a crazy BANG! for the final Hush Hush book so it was pretty great.

Here's the thing: I love Nora as a main character. She's not the brightest girl out there nor in my top favourites on my heroine lists (it's a well known fact among other readers) but she's a brave one and because of that remarkable quality of hers, I think she certainly shined in this book because of it. So despite her jealous ways when it comes to Patch, her fallen angel boyfriend, and even when she makes decisions that you know are going to lead to trouble . . . but she's the kind of character where we can't help but care about her and we just WANT a happy ending for her no matter what. So take that Nora haters! Haha. As for our fallen angel, Patch, he's one character that does a lot of crazy things in his life too - and still does actually - and yet we still can't help but love him for his bad boy ways, even when he surprisingly delivers very cheesy lover one-liners to Nora (they were pretty cheesy, okay?). But together, Patch and Nora, they make the ultimate couple for readers and never give up on their relationship (even when it seems like they should) which is clearly shown in this particular book, so I was pretty happy on that part.

Overall, FINALE was a great end to a well-loved series despite its ups and downs. While the ending was perfectly wrapped up with a nice and cute little bow, but I will say it wasn't at all how I pictured it to end but it doesn't matter anyway because I enjoyed this book and it definitely was a grand finale for both the story and for its characters. You can't really ask for more than that from a final book, right?

The Rating
5/5 stars

6 comments:

  1. All I saw Nora do in this book was doping. I seriously forgot how she broke through the haze to realise her potential because yes I did enjoy the ending too. Glad you enjoyed it! (I'm also kind of glad the series has ended haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wished it ended as a trilogy but . . . yeah, I too am glad it ended. :)

      Delete
    2. I think you're the first person to be complimentary to Nora but you are completely right. She's very brave - half the people in her life have tried to kill her, are stronger and better equipped than her, but she still fights them.

      Delete
    3. Exactly! I mean I couldn't imagine any of us being that brave like Nora was.

      Delete
  2. Heh. Seriously. I am totally a Nora hater.
    But.
    I love these books, and I think you make wonderful points. Nora's tenacity and bravery and amazing, and, I mean, one of the things I love about Rose Hathaway isn't her intelligence, but her bravery and loyalty, so, I mean, smarts isn't always everything.
    But Patch.
    Seriously.I don't care if he's a psycho. I love him :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't a hater but she did annoy me constantly. Exactly with Rose! Both her and Nora's bravery and loyalty is what makes me love those characters . . . oh yes . . . Patch. He does have a lovable quality about him even when he's a psycho. He makes psycho look cool. hehe.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...