Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Vanquished by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Pages: 384pgs

The Story

Jenn and the Salamancan hunters are on the brink of the final battle against the deadliest Cursed Ones. But the team is still reeling from Eriko's death and internal bickering threatens to drive them further apart. Jenn knows she needs to rally her team and lead the charge into battle, but her concentration is shattered. She's torn between her love for Antonio, and her hate for the bloodthirsty vampire he's become. Jenn wants to believe in his humanity, but she's slowly losing her faith, and with new Resistance fighter Noah on the scene, her heart as well.With the final battle imminent, and all hope fading fast, is Jenn and Antonio's love strong enough to overcome the darkest evil?

The Review

To put it simply for you . . . I simply loved this series from the get-go! While I was completely hooked on the first book, The Cursed Ones, and may have thought the sequel, The Damned, didn't quite live up to my very high expectations, but with all things said and done, I can say in all confidence that the third and final installment of the Crusade trilogy, THE VANQUISHED, sure doesn't disappoint its readers and is a grand conclusion to the series.

Apart from the unique storytelling, mythology and the awesome fast, non-stop action written by two very fabulous authors, Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie, I think what I had loved most about this series is the fact that I found every single one of the characters so fascinating - especially the main characters, Jenn and Antonio, whose forbidden human-and-vampire romance centers around the entire plot. I will admit, I mostly read this series for Jenn and Antonio only but unlike most YA series we do get several points-of-view from some good guy and bad guy characters alike, making this series so worth while my time. Now without revealing too much of the book, just wait until you read the ending for this trilogy . . . it's such an unexpected one but a pleasant one at that. *pumps fists in the air*

Overall, THE VANQUISHED is even more intense, romantic, and is very evolved in plot and character depth than its previous predecessors and I enjoyed it immensely. If you haven't yet had the pleasure of reading this series than I would highly recommend you do so soon. It's quite an addictive read once you start from the very beginning of the trilogy!

The Rating
4 1/2 / 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this series, but I have 2 books in another series by these authors (Wolf Springs) so I'm really happy to see that you like their writing!

    If I like WS, then I'll give this a go, too! Great review, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely give this a go. It's quite unique in the genre despite the whole vampire thing.

      Delete
  2. I want to swear LOUDLY right now. I gave my The Cursed (first book) copy away to the Kmart wishing tree... and NOW YOU TELL ME THE SERIES GETS BETTER?! Arghhh! So sad now. Should've kept it. Glad the series gets so much better. Oh you :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...